Ad

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Chicken Tacos

Happy Saturday everyone!!!

Last night I made Chicken Tacos in my pressure cooker and the outcome..................WONDERFUL!!!! I have never in my life had any other kind of taco other than regular taco meat made with beef. I have a big bag of chicken though in my freezer and no ground beef on hand so I went out on a whim and boy am I glad I did!!

I can tell you that I so thoroughly enjoyed it that I don't think I will ever make greasy beef tacos again. (or not as often anyway)

Chicken Tacos (my version)



4 frozen boneless/skinless chicken breast
1 onion (diced)
2 tbs of olive oil
1 can of black beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can of stewed tomatos (drained)
1 pkg of taco seasoning (or fajita seasoning....I used both)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup salsa

On the "Brown" setting saute your onions in the olive oil. Add in the frozen chicken and cook about 3min on each side.



Add all other ingredients



Stir all ingredients together just to mix them all up before putting your lid on.



Now put your lid on and lock it. Set the cook setting to high, set your timer to 15 minutes and press start. Now you just wait for the beep.



Once the cooker is done, release the steam pressure in small burst until it is safe to remove the lid. You will remove the chicken from the cooker and shred it. Once you have all the chicken shred, return it to the cooker with the sauce. Stir it all up together again now that the chicken is shredded. On the "Brown" setting just heat your chicken for about 5 min so that the shredded chicken can absorb the flavor. Now you're ready to serve. Enjoy!!



Tonight we are trying another chicken variation and doing barbecued shredded chicken (since I don't have pork to make pulled pork...but that too is on the menu!!)

Check back soon for more recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment